Awards and Selection
- Certificates of participation will be given for all qualified entries.
- The 3 finalists will will receive a stipend of $1,000
- The individual or team with the winning project will receive a stipend of $2,000 and will be named the Wilburn Fellow for the year.
- The 3 finalists may choose to use their project for independent study credit with school approval
- Yale faculty recognition
Entry and Selection Process
- Please submit completed applications on line through this website.
- The Fellowship Committee will review all entries and accept those applications that illustrate a clear understanding of the Fellowship mission and provide a well thought out project description.
- Students then develop the approved projects for submission in PowerPoint or in any other format that they would like to use for the Fellowship Committee’s review
- Students chosen as finalists receive a cash stipend and "work" their projects to completion.
- The Committee awards the Fellowship to the student/team with the project that best exemplifies the ideals of the Wilburn Fellowship. The winning project and Wilburn Fellow will be featured on the website, in school, and when and where possible, in local and regional media.
- The Wilburn Fellow will share the project with the school and community in a compelling presentation